24 October 2008

Good kids

Evan's nighttime ritual is finally something I look forward to, instead of the 3 hour battle it used to be. He finished dinner, we play soccer, take a bath with Lulu ("Sometimes sister need to take a little dip to get fresh, Mom. I think that stinky little gr-irl needs to take a bath with me"), brush teeth, watch our favorite 15-25 minutes of Cars, then hit the hay. Matt or I sing him a couple songs from an old hymnal we have (I can't wait for the Christmas songs!), then he dozes off while he watches his nightlight/projector on the wall. However... one night I found him, reading his book on constellations by the light of his night light- about 10 minutes later he was asleep, so I snapped a picture. Sweet boy.


We went to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers- a Christian-sponsored group that promotes active parenting) and while I was participating in the "Mommy discussion", Evan was in playgroup and getting his face painted- with balloons and King- the blue racecar from Cars, for those of you who don't have a male toddler who's addicted to the movie. Evan is happily eating grits and sporting his facepaint.

Linnea is growing SO fast- She had her 4 month appointment last week. She's just at 14 lbs and 23". Tall for her age, but right at the 50th percentile for weight. She's not setting any records, like her brother was at this age. It's actually nice to have a baby that can wear 0-3 month clothes for longer than 5 weeks... In comparison, Evan was about 13lbs at TWO months old. As you can see, she's her happy, smily self. I love seeing her wake up in the morning- First she squawks for a bit, then rubs her eyes and tries on all her myriad of faces... finally realizes that there's a familiar face above her and she breaks into a huge grin and gurgling. She is a delight.

Evan is happy to hold Linnea and talk to her- he likes to rock in this little chair with her. I think she was, um, passing a little gas while I was taking the picture and Evan thought that was pretty darn funny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: