11 May 2008

Everland (2)


The overhead chairlift brought people from the entrance to Everland (the top of the HILL), to the valley where many of the amusement rides and theme park areas were located. The grade on the pedestrian hills in Everland... wow, I'm guessing a 15% grade. It was STEEP. Definitely not designed for overweight and lazy Americans!


I feel that something was lost in this translation:










The main street was bedecked with flower garlands and sashes. Very festive.

Oh, and did I mention that the employees wore outfits too... our favorites were the sanitation crew, dressed all in white (apparently trash does not convey dirt), with butterfly wings and antennae.











I could fill an album with the number of couples we saw wearing matching outfits. Red and blue rugby shirts, Peanuts characters, yellow hoodies... etc. The pink shirts with strawberry patterned robots were the BEST... but I didn't have my camera out to share that with you. So, you'll have to enjoy the stylish pink polos with dark denim. Do they call each other in the morning to make sure they are wearing matching shirts?? I think that when a girlfriend presents her boyfriend with a matching pink polo, he should take a minute to evaluate their relationship and make sure he's in for the long haul.

No comments: